If you’re a frequent traveler, you probably already know how essential it is to have a pair of headphones while on a plane. With Apple’s new AirPods, you don’t have to worry about tangled cords or bulky headphones taking up space in your carry-on bag. However, some people are unclear about whether or not they can use AirPods on a plane, especially during takeoff and landing. So, here’s everything you need to know about using your AirPods on a plane.
Can You Use AirPods On A Plane?
Yes, you can use AirPods on a plane, but there are some rules you need to follow. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) allows passengers to use electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, and lightweight headphones (including earbuds) during all stages of the flight, as long as the airplane mode is on. That means you can use your AirPods to listen to music or watch movies while in the air.
What Precautions Should You Take?
Although the FAA allows the use of electronic devices, passengers need to be mindful of the flight crew’s instructions. There may be occasions when the flight crew asks passengers to turn off their devices or put them in airplane mode. In such instances, you must comply with their requests. Moreover, during takeoff and landing, you should remove your AirPods, so you can hear the safety instructions.
How Can You Make the Most of Your AirPods on a Plane?
Here are a few tips to make the most of your AirPods on a plane:
- Make sure your AirPods are fully charged before the flight. You don’t want to run out of battery mid-flight.
- Download your favorite music, movies, and TV shows ahead of time, so you have something to keep you entertained while in the air.
- If you’re a light sleeper, use your AirPods as noise-cancelling headphones to block out the sounds around you. This is especially helpful when traveling with a crying baby or noisy neighbors.
- If you plan to use AirPods for calls, make sure to use only one AirPod to keep the other ear free for listening to announcements or the flight crew.
AirPods are a convenient and easy-to-use option for listening to music, watching movies, or even making calls on a plane. As long as you comply with the FAA’s regulations and are mindful of the flight crew’s instructions, you should be good to go.
When it comes to using AirPods on a plane, the key is to be respectful of the flight crew’s instructions and follow the rules set by the FAA. With that said, using AirPods can make your flying experience much more enjoyable, especially if you’re trying to drown out the sounds of the airplane cabin. So go ahead and put on your favorite playlist, watch a movie or make a call, and enjoy your flight.
- Can You Use Airpods On A Plane Without Wifi?
- Can I Use Wireless Headphones On A Plane?
- Can You Use Wireless Headphones On A Plane?
- Can I Bring Airpods On A Plane?
- How To Use Airpods On A Plane?
- Can You Use Wireless Headphones On The Plane?
- Can You Use Airpods On A Plane Tv?
- How To Use Wireless Headphones On A Plane?
- Can You Wear Airpods On A Plane?
- Will Airpods Work On A Plane?
Last update 2021-09-03. Price and product availability may change.