It’s no secret that many people like to listen to music, podcasts, audiobooks, and more while on a plane. But with airlines banning the use of cell phones while in the air, it can be unclear if you can use wireless headphones on your flight. The answer is yes, but you will likely need to adjust a few settings to make sure your headphones are configured properly.
How to Use Wireless Headphones on a Plane
Adjusting Your Headphones
Before you board the plane, you’ll need to adjust your wireless headphones so you can get the best experience listening on your flight.
- Charge your headphones: Make sure your headphones are fully charged before your flight.
- Switch to Bluetooth mode: You will need to switch your headphones to Bluetooth mode to connect wirelessly to your device.
- Turn off Voice Control: Turn off voice control, or voice recognition, to prevent accidental inputs.
- Adjust EQ settings: Adjust Equalizer settings to reduce the amount of noise cancellation.
- Enable airplane mode: Enable airplane mode on your headphones to prevent interference with the plane’s communications.
Connecting Your Headphones
Once the plane takes off, you can connect your headphones to your device.
- Turn on Bluetooth: Turn on Bluetooth on your device to enable pairing.
- Pair your device: Put your headphones in pairing mode and select your device from the list of available devices.
- Start listening: Start listening to your music, podcast, or audiobook.
Using Headphones with an Auxiliary Cable
In case you don’t have Bluetooth headphones, most planes have a headphone jack in the armrest. You can use an auxiliary cable to connect your headphones to your device. An alternative option is to use noise-canceling headphones with an auxiliary cable.
Ultimately, you can use both Bluetooth and wired headphones on a plane. Make sure to follow the steps above to configure your headphones for airplane use. Turn on airplane mode to ensure your headphones don’t interfere with the plane’s communication systems. When using a wired connection, noise-canceling headphones are the ideal option as they can reduce engine noise and other distractions.
While nothing beats the convenience of travel headphones, proper preparation is still required. Taking the time to make sure your headphones are properly configured for airplane use will help ensure an enjoyable listening experience, no matter how many hours your flight may be.
- How Can I Use My Airpods On A Plane?
- Can You Use Wireless Headphones On A Plane?
- Can You Use Wireless Headphones On The Plane?
- Can You Use Airpods On A Plane Tv?
- How To Use Wireless Headphones On A Plane?
- Can You Use Airpods On A Plane Without Wifi?
- Can I Bring Airpods On A Plane?
- How To Use Airpods On A Plane?
- Will Airpods Work On A Plane?
- Can You Wear Airpods On A Plane?
Last update 2021-09-03. Price and product availability may change.